Today is the first day of summer!!!

Oh, I know, not for all of us, for my Australian and NZ friends is the first day of winter! but don't be so sure that here in Italy is a hot summer day, today....no, not at all, it's a grey, cold, rainy, first day of summer (well, at least in Padova, where I live)!!!!!


But I feel the need to celebrate the season of holiday, outdoor dining, walks in the wood, fragant flowers, bycicle rides, village festivals, music festivals, beach and sand, children playing all day long...

And you, what comes into your mind, when you think about summer?

Oh, I have this song in my mind today, it doesn't want to go away! I know it's not a happy song, but probably I can't stop singing it because it's a grey day!


"Summertime, and the livin' is easy

Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high

Oh! Your Daddy's rich and your Ma is good lookin'

So, hush little baby, don't you cry . . ."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top