Now that is all over I can talk about it. I feel I have to talk about it, to finally relieve myself and tell to me:"It's all OK, now".
On May 5th I received the results of the Ultra-screen,  a prenatal testing used to analyze if there is Down Syndrome risk. And the results were not good. The doctors suggested me to make amniocentesis. This exam was fixed for the May 19th.

I spent all this period...I exactly don't know how. I tryed to keep my mind always busy, not to think what was happening, not to think that my baby could be not healthy. I said it to none execpt my family and my really best friends (whom I can count on one hand). I'm a reserved person, and this was really a too big and personal sorrow.

Then, last Thursday I did amniocentesis. I spent this last week end with the fear of the results and, this morning, I received them.
I was cheking the phone every 5 minutes and when finally it rang I felt the world was stopping. My hearth was running so fast I thought the doctor could hear it clearly.

The doctor said to me that it's all OK, my baby is healthy, he has nothing wrong and he is a boy!!!
I cryed...I'm still crying... I've cryed out all my sorrow, all the sorrow my hearth has been filled with in these last 20 days. And now I feel like I have been waking up after a nightmare.

I know this is not a typicall post of mine, but I really needed to write it.

Ora che è tutto finito, posso parlarne. Sento che devo parlarne, per concedermi sollievo e per dire a me stessa:"Va tutto bene, ora".
Il 5 maggio ho ricevuto i risultati dell'ultrascreen, che è un esame prenatale che serve ad individuare il rischio di sindrome Down del feto. E i risultati non erano buoni. I dottori mi hanno suggerito di fare l'amiocentesi, che ho fissato per il 19 maggio.

Ho trascorso il periodo tra queste due date....non sò neanche io come. Ho cercato di tenere la mente sempre occupata per non concedermi il tempo e il modo di pensare a cosa stava accadendo, che il mio bamabino forse non era sano. Non l'ho detto a nessuno, tranne la mia famiglia e i miei migliori amici (che si possono contare sulle dita di una mano). Sono una persona riservata, e questa era veramente una sofferenza troppo grande e troppo intima.

Poi, giovedì scorso ho fatto l'amiocentesi. Ho passato l'intero week end con il terrore dei risultati e, questa mattina, li ho ricevuti.
Stavo controllano dil telefono ogni 5 minuti, quando finalmente ha squillato ed io ho sentito come se il mondo si fermasse. Il mio cuore batteva talmente forte che pensavo lo potesse sentire anche il dottore.

Il dottore mi ha detto che è tutto Ok, il mio bambino è sano, non ha nulla che non vada ed è un maschietto!

Ho pianto...Stò ancora piangendo...ho buttato fuori tutta la mia sofferenza, tutta la sofferenza che il mio cuore aveva accumulato in questi 20 giorni. Ed ora mi sento come se mi fossi svegliata da un incubo.

Sò che questo non è uno dei miei tipici post, ma avevo veramente bisogno di scriverlo.




*photo by me*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top