For some time now, I've been working on a very special project. My sister lives in a gorgeous old worker's cottage in the Brisbane suburb of Clayfield, and I've been helping her with its renovation. I absolutely love old Queenslanders, so not only do I get to work with my lovely sister, I also get to play with her very cute house!

We've spent a long time looking for the perfect dining table and chairs, and as space is limited we needed to find something quite petite. Take a look at what we found - a beautiful french bistro table and four bentwood chairs, with lovely pressed seats.



isn't the detail lovely?



the base is cast iron - gorgeous



and we couldn't resist these antique french candle sticks

Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Queenslander style, take a look at this home, which I posted about here. The front section is a colonial workers' cottage, and is almost identical to the home my sis owns.


Isn't it gorgeous?

Not only are we looking for furniture and accessories, we're also in the process of finishing the installation of her new kitchen (I know, kitchens seem to be top of my renovation list at the moment!)

Today I'm off to source the splashback tiles, which is the last step before the room is complete. I can't wait to share the finished product with you, it's quite the transformation. The house was completely original, and the kitchen consisted of a cupboard, a sink and an ancient sandstone fireplace. We now have a charming and airy space which complements the original cottage beautifully. Of course, when the tiling is complete I'll be sure to post all the pics!


Oh, and do you remember this post about the little pony I found? Well, he now has a new home in a cute little cottage in Clayfield........!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top