So with my kitchen makeover going along swimmingly, my thoughts have turned to the splashback. At the moment, the splashback is the same laminate as the benchtops. But after seeing so many gorgeous beadboard examples, I'm thinking that may be the way to go.



These photos show the existing laminate splashback, but I was thinking of something more like this....





 


or these from The Lettered Cottage



or this...
...from here

Now, replacing the laminate with beadboard would be fairly straightforward, but I do have a few concerns. The beadboard I used to cover those hideous bricks is actually an MDF panel. So whether it will stand up to the rough and tumble of steam from the cooktop and the odd spill from the sink is what I need to consider.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has these beadboard splashbacks, and how practical they are. Would you have them again, or are they more trouble than they're worth? Or should I just tile the whole area with subway tile, which is my other option?  I know many of you are seasoned renovators, so I'm counting on you for the lowdown!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top