While tearing through my local shopping centre yesterday, I popped in to Borders and managed to find this gorgeous book. 'Spaces' is frankie magazine's new project. According to frankie, "Spaces is a collection of eclectic interiors from around world. This large-format mag explores the homes, studios, shops and cafes of graphic designers, photographers, vintage collectors and shop owners. With a focus on carefully curated style, Spacescelebrates the unique vision and individuality of creative people living everywhere from Melbourne to Amsterdam." Enough said, let's take a look inside:






images courtesy frankie magazine

Although I've managed nothing more than a quick flick through so far, I love the premise of this book. Taking a peek inside any creative's home and work space is always so interesting, and I can't wait to have a good rummage through. Maybe if I study these images really hard, I'll manage something that's so far eluded me - that effortless, 'thrown-together-without-a-thought-but-hey-it-looks-fabulous' kind of work space I can only dream of, instead of my actual 'thrown-together-and-looks-like-a-bomb-site' studio. One thing's for sure - frankie and I have a date this weekend. Oh, and one more thing:







Couldn't have said it better myself, and if it's good enough for Mary, who am I to argue?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top