Before I start today's post, a little snake update: unfortunately, our friend has disappeared. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to see him gone, I just hope it's a permanent move on his part. And unless we know exactly where he retreats to, the snake catcher can't come and remove him. Fingers crossed he's packed his bags, never to return!

Now that the excitement of the past few days has died down a little, I thought I'd revisit my previous posts on Hamptons meets Queenslander style. I think both of these homes are just gorgeous, and I love the fusion of traditional Queensland architecture with that crisp, elegant Hamptons style. And while we're on the subject of
combining architectural styles, I thought it would be fun to combine some of my favourite decorative elements into a virtual design for this home.

I'd gather unique pieces

I'd take a leaf out of Meg Braff's design book

throw in a little of Collette Dinnigan's style


 add an unexpected pop of turquoise 

 arrange a vignette or two




of course, I'd have to have the ubiquitous Queensland verandah


and to top it all off, incorporate some Windsor Smith magic

Of course, each of us has our own personal style, and this is merely my interpretation of Queensland meets the Hamptons. I'd love to hear what you'd do - would you go traditional, or maybe contemporary? Mid-century modern or country cottage, or maybe something completely different? And the best part of this virtual design process - you're only limited by your imagination!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top